Buying Second Hand Laptops? here are some essential 7 notes to consider
Buying second-hand laptops is a smart move. It can save you a little money yet receive something great. But what are tips to consider when making that purchase?
Nowadays, there are lots of devices that make our lives simple. Speaking less dramatic, these gadgets make our work more effective and faster. A computer is for sure one of those gadgets.
Choosing a great device boosts your productivity in the workplace. Logically, more powerful computers are highly-priced and at times hard to afford. But there’s always a solution for everything. You can buy a second-hand laptop. But before you spend your money, there are points you should consider.
1- What Do You Need The Second Hand Laptop For?
- Before spending your hard-earned money, you must first know why you need the laptop. Just as you do with other items, you should purchase a computer that suits your needs.
- Here you should think of the applications you need and how portable the laptop should be. Similarly, you should check its storage requirements, RAM and battery life.
- Once you get a laptop that suits those needs, you can now check your specific model and make. We always give our clients time to verify the laptop specs. This will help them see whether the specifications match the item they want to buy.
2- Purchase From A Reputable Source
- There is usually a risk when purchasing a used item. While this is true, you can always mitigate that risk. You can do so by buying second-hand laptops from a reputable seller and always check their customer reviews and what sorts of warranty they provide.
- At Gold PC services, we provide buyer protections with 90 days warranty with any pre-owned device. More so, you can extend the warranty to one year for a small additional price.
3- Check The Software
- Apart from checking the OS is genuine and preloaded, you should also check the software’s license. Most importantly, ensure you can access the product keys. All of our used laptops come with their recovery CD, original software CD, backup media and drivers.
- In addition, we have internet security measures in place. This means we will ensure we keep you safe when you use the internet. We offer services such as virus, malware and spyware removal as well as prevention.
4- Ensure You’re Receiving A Good Deal
- Before you commit to buying a used personal computer, ensure you are getting the best deal in the market. To know this you must make a comparison between the quoted price and that of a new equivalent.
- If the laptop you want to buy requires some hardware upgrades, do research on how much that will cost you. This will help you to make a wise decision on whether buying a used computer is better than a refurbished or new one.
5- What Is Your Budget?
- Once you know that you are getting a good deal, the next step is to know your budget. By now you must be having an idea of how much you would want to spend on a used computer. Further, you have an estimate of how much a used and new computer would cost.
- It is simple to think purchasing a second-hand computer will save you money. However, you are not sure about that until you check the prices at the big retailers or manufacturer stores.
6- Check Second hand Laptops Warranty Documentation
- A second-hand laptop may come with a warranty depending on its age and manufacturer. If you get one with a warranty, then that would be great insurance and extra bonus.
At Gold PC services, we provide our customer with a built-in 90 Days Warranty, extendable to 12 months.
7- Where To Purchase Second Hand Laptops from?
- Now that you know what point to consider when buying a used laptop, where will you buy it from?
- There are lots of dealers that sell used laptops. Though they make great promises, not all these dealers are convenient and reliable. Well, at Gold PC, we provide huge selections of laptops at affordable prices. Besides great prices, our laptops are from leading brands so you can select the best.
- By now, you must have gathered great points on how to purchase second-hand laptops. Purchasing a used computer does not necessarily have to be hard. By factoring in these easy points, you can definitely make a wise buy.
- Nonetheless, always be careful while shopping. If you encounter a major problem with the computer, you can always feel free to return it.
- We never have a problem if a customer returns their laptop. Instead, we always fix what the issue might be at no extra cost. That alone makes us the best laptop sellers online. Our priority here is to make you the owner of such a powerful device in a matter of minutes.